Thursday, June 18, 2009

Senator Menendez Supports Energy Independence & Pickens Plan

Senator Menendez Supports Energy Independence & Pickens Plan

I wrote to Senator Menendez about supporting energy independence and the Pickens Plan and this is what he wrote back to me. This is all about substituting foreign gasoline and diesel for American drilled natural gas of which there is an abundance of. Basically, business or government fleets of vehicles can pretty much be converted from using gasoline or diesel to natural gas or propane. It is easier to convert to natural gas or propane for fleets because they have the management and staff to accomplish it efficiently.

My town has about 50 vehicles and my county probably has at least 1,000 and the state of New Jersey probably supports a fleet of at least 5,000 vehicles. Just think how big the fleets of vehicles are in all 50 states. The Post Office, Federal Express, and United Parcel Service probably have a half million vehicles between them. The car and truck vehicle rental companies probably have at least a half million vehicles, too. The Federal government probably has over 1,000,000 vehicles. The milk, bread, chips, soda, beer, and liquor delivery companies probably have thousands of vehicles also.


I think the municipal, county, state, and Federal government, and business can easily be motivated to convert from gasoline and diesel to natural gas and propane. Natural gas is available in America and is plentiful and is significantly cheaper than gasoline and diesel.

The following is from Senator Menendez:
"Thank you for contacting me about reducing our dependence on foreign oil. Your opinion is very valuable to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this important matter."


"One of our strongest proponents of getting off foreign oil is T. Boone Pickens. I recently met with Mr. Pickens to discuss his Pickens Plan and our mutual goal of reducing our dangerous dependence on foreign oil."

"As a result of our meeting, Mr. Pickens and I have decided to collaborate on legislation I intend to introduce that will increase our use of natural gas as a transportation fuel alternative to oil. Natural gas is cleaner than oil, and America is blessed to have an abundant supply of it. That means we can keep our money and create jobs here rather than sending them overseas. I look forward to working with Mr. Pickens on this legislation and will notify you when I have the legislation ready to introduce in the near future."

"Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of more assistance. I invite you to visit my website (http://menendez.senate.gov) to learn of other important issues to New Jersey."

Are your Congress persons on board? Contact them to tell them it is a good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home